|"I am still here."|
|"Return to this page again, and maybe I will tell you a story."|
Were you possibly searching for his other incarnation, Springtrap (FNaF 3)?
|“||You may not recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's still me.||”|
— William Afton
Afton (also known as William Afton in the credits) is one of the main antagonist and a salvageable animatronic in the game. He is serial killer responsible for the events of the series, his rotten and mangled corpse now trapped within a broken Spring Bonnie costume.
He has been given the nickname "Scraptrap" by fans to distinguish this iteration from other incarnations of the character.
Afton functions exactly like the other animatronics. He will try to attack the player when trying to salvage him and regardless of success or failure, he will hunt the player during the office phase from here on out. When he is very close to the office or moving around, the player can sometimes hear him speaking to them.
Scraptrap has a very peculiar appearance and is a lot more damaged and withered than his third installment counterpart, but he is still in his trademark rotten greenish-yellow color. He has a drastically different appearance than his counterpart in the third game, lacking the right part of his forearm, which ends in a bony spike. He also has large buck teeth on his upper jaw and his lower jaw is filled with small and needle sharp teeth. His head appears to have had cheeks connecting his lower and upper jaw pieces in a manner similar to Toy Bonnie, but they appear to have either decayed or been torn off, exposing Afton's human head and ears underneath. His eyes are now silver and glossy looking with a single grey pupil in their centre, the left eyeball partially covered by a cable. Both of his ears are missing large portions of their upper halves, with the right virtually missing and lacking any suit covering. His forehead has a massive hole in it, exposing his corpse head, which is a tanish colour like decayed flesh, with strips of more red flesh covering parts of his face and body. The corpse head also has blackened, metallic looking lips, the mouth filled with many small and sharp teeth and four cables like the springlocks in Springtrap's corpse head. His torso is strangely blocky, specifically in the upper chest region, and filled with rips exposing more of his corpse, although he retains the singular button his third game counterpart had. His costume limbs are incredibly damaged, so much so almost all of his arms and legs can be seen through them, exposing bleached white bones amongst his flesh. He is also lacking suit kneecaps, which Springtrap had. Unlike how he was shown in FNaF 3, Scraptrap has a pelvis with a lighter accent near the middle connecting to that on his chest, and isn't missing any fingertips on his right hand, which now end in sharp, bony claws as opposed to the costumed and metal fingertips he previously had. He also has Freddy Fazbear-like foot coverings which have strips of flesh on them, whereas in the third game, he wears a permanent grin with large, blocky teeth, was missing his middle fingertip on his right hand (this was corrected in UCN) had a pelvis that was all of one colour, and no fur from the shins down.
Ultimate Custom Night
|“||Afton has the distinction of having the simplest mechanic in the game, but also possibly the scariest. He will only attack once per night, and there will be no way of knowing in advance when this attack will happen, or if it will happen at all. He will always attack from the vent on the right wall, and when he does, there will be a violent clamoring sound in the vent and the lights will flicker. When this happens, you will have only a fraction of a second to close the vent door or your run will end with Afton screaming in your face.||”|
— Scott Cawthon describing Afton's behavior when Ultimate Custom Night was under development
When William Afton is enabled, he will attack at a random time during the night. Afton's approach is indicated by a loud clamoring noise and the lights in the office flickering rapidly. You have a very short amount of time to close the side vent's door to prevent him from jumpscaring you and ending your night, but, unlike Balloon Boy and JJ who appear in the same entrance, Afton can attack regardless of whether your monitor is raised or not. Thankfully, Afton can only attack once per night, so you won't have to pay attention to him once you prevented his asssault.
His first death was shown in the third installment of the series. When William dismantled the main animatronics at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria (long after it closed its doors), he accidentally awoke the souls of the five Missing Children he killed. When the ghosts followed him into the Safe Room the animatronics couldn't go into, he tried to run away and hide from them in the same Spring Bonnie suit he used for his murders. Unfortunately for him, he didn't notice the rain leaking in from the roof, which allowed water to drip onto the suit and loosen the spring-locks keeping the suit's animatronic parts in place. Shortly after putting the suit on the spring-locks malfunctioned, violently killing him and leaving his soul trapped within the suit not unlike his victims.
Now known as Springtrap, Afton spent 30 years rotting away sealed inside the Safe Room until he was found and placed in Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
His second death took place after he escaped from the fire that destroyed Fazbear's Fright and was lured into a fake restaurant by his old partner Henry. In the True Ending of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator Henry burns down the restaurant with everyone in it, finally freeing the spirits of his children Elizabeth and Michael, Henry’s daughter and the remaining victims. William's spirit however was cast into the "Darkest Pit of Hell" as said by Henry, as he was the only one who was truly malicious.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
|William's jumpscare sound, this is shared with the rest of the animatronics who attack you.|
|The noise of William clamoring through the vent before attacking.|
- William Afton is the killer of most, but, not all, of the dead children in the FNaF Franchise (except Elizabeth Afton, who he indirectly killed by accident behalf of Circus Baby), being responsible for the deaths of the children that would go on to possess the main animatronics in the series.
- William Afton's appearance in Pizzeria Simulator appears to resemble Spring Bonnie from the Five Nights at Freddy's 4's minigames.
- This is the same name that appears in FNAF 3, however, there's no counterpart name for Springtrap. All we can know is that he's credited (in the credits) as William Afton.
- William Afton is the 48th animatronic in Ultimate Custom Night and was programmed when Scott deemed the game "90% complete", the 49th spot is won by Lefty and the 50th spot is won by Phone Guy.
- Unlike his counterpart in the third game, Springtrap appears to have a fairly bulbous and clean human skull inside his suit as opposed to a mummified head, which surprisingly has lips and ears made of bone.
- Although it's possible that his skin has rotten away, revealing the skull and/or the brain.
- William Afton seems to comment on his change in appearance, stating, “You may not recognize me at first, but I assure you, it’s still me.”
- Though he may also be talking about becoming Springtrap. This could also be a reference to a common quote in the FNaF Franchise, "It's Me".
- A glitch may occur where even if nothing is bought, nor has he been salvaged, Afton may still appear in the restaurant.
- This is the same for Lefty.
- William Afton, in his human form, has been suggested to be the player in the Ultimate Custom Night from several voice lines the animatronics give out. Theories suggest that Golden Freddy created a personal hell for the spirits to haunt Afton's soul for the rest of eternity.
- One of Afton's kill taunts is "Bittersweet, but fitting...", a shout-out to the WWI poem Dulce et Decorum Est, which describes one of the worst horrors of war — death by chlorine gas.
- In Ultimate Custom Night, William reuses his line "I always come back" after his jumpscare. Ironically, his mechanic involves showing up once per night, so he definitely won't come back.
- It is assumed that he was deteriorated after the fire at Fazbear's Fright, but he may just have rotted naturally.
- His left arm is missing, leaving just a white spike, likely bone, in its place. It is thought his arm was removed in the fire at Fazbear's Fright or rotted off during William's trip to the establishment.
- His body seems to be entirely different from his previous incarnation in FNaF 3, leading some to believe that somebody rebuilt Springtrap and Afton possessed it, or that he rebuilt it himself after getting burnt at the end of FNaF 3, but this may only be the result of Scott Cawthon changing the appearance of the animatronics to give them a new, unique appearance.
- It is believed that William is the playable character in Ultimate Custom Night, having been sent to hell and being forced to face his victims and even himself for eternity.
- Due to the severe differences in his body's shape, endoskeleton, and overall design compared to FNaF 3, it's highly likely that he somehow obtained a new suit after the events of Five Nights at Freddy's 3, as the difference between these two incarnations is too great to have been only caused by time itself.
- Theories claim that Michael Afton is not just the protagonist of Sister Location and Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator but also of FNaF games 1 to 3, making this game William's second encounter with his own son.
Ultimate Custom Night
|Main Animatronics||Minigame Freddy • Helpy • Scrap Baby • Molten Freddy • William Afton|
|Mediocre Melodies||Nedd Bear • Mr. Hippo • Pigpatch • Happy Frog • Orville Elephant|
|Rockstars Assemble||Rockstar Freddy • Rockstar Bonnie • Rockstar Chica • Rockstar Foxy • Lefty|
|Posh Pizzeria||Funtime Chica • Music Man • El Chip|
|Others||Security Puppet • Candy Cadet • Cassette Man • Tutorial Unit • Michael Afton • Trash and the Gang|
|Custom Night||FNaF 1: Freddy Fazbear • Bonnie • Chica and Mr. Cupcake • Foxy • Phone Guy|